A Trusted Orthodontist for Parsippany
Braces are a wonderful way to enhance the appearance of your smile while also improving your oral and overall health. People of all ages can benefit from a properly-aligned smile, and your orthodontist in Parsippany can help you or your child achieve it with traditional orthodontics. Keep reading to learn more about how braces work.
What Are Traditional Braces?
Traditional braces are metal brackets that are fixed to the front surface of the teeth. A wire is threaded through each bracket and tightened at various intervals throughout the treatment. By manipulating the wire, your orthodontist is able to place pressure on different areas of the bite to gradually bring the teeth into the proper position. Traditional braces work in two stages: first, the tooth is moved, and then its root moves along to catch up. The total treatment time for traditional braces depends on the complexity of the case -- most patients are finished with braces between 18 and 24 months.
What Are the Benefits of Traditional Braces?
Traditional braces offer a number of benefits for patients of all ages. Some of the most significant advantages are listed below -- which would you enjoy most?
- Metal braces are a trusted solution that have been used for many years, meaning they produce highly predictable results
- A variety of orthodontic issues can be treated with metal braces
- Fixed braces are a good option for teens, who are often more liable to lose removable braces
- The most complex cases can often be treated with conventional braces
- Rubber bands and add-ons come in customizable colors, which teens especially love
- Traditional braces are usually the most affordable option in orthodontics
How Do I Know If Braces Are Right for Me?
Anyone who could benefit from orthodontic treatment can choose traditional braces. Some ways to tell if your teeth are out of alignment include:
- An aching jaw or chronic headaches
- Evidence of nighttime teeth grinding or jaw clenching
- Visibly misaligned teeth
- Tartar buildup between crowded teeth
- Frequently getting food lodged between certain teeth
- Soft tissue injuries due to teeth that jut out or are crooked
The only way to know for sure whether or not you can benefit from traditional orthodontics is to schedule an appointment with your orthodontist to discuss braces in Parsippany. At Rauchberg Dental Group, we have an expert orthodontist on staff to handle all of your smile needs. Life is easier when you can have all of your dental needs met under one roof -- and that’s just what you will find at Rauchberg Dental Group! We invite you to request an appointment today.